Welcome to the 26th annual Fringe. This year's dates are July 2-13, 2014.
Our mandate: To create opportunities for both emerging and established artists to produce their work with artistic freedom while engaging members of the community by making productions as affordable and accessible as possible.
In essence we offer access to creative opportunities for anyone who wants to tell a story and anyone who wants to hear one.
The Fringe isn't just a talent market or a stepping stone, it's a place to express and challenge yourself and challenge those around you, and most importantly to take risks.
The Toronto Fringe is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe ® Festivals (CAFF) and, as such, our summer festival operates under the four guiding principles of CAFF:
- Participants are selected on a non-juried basis, through a lottery or first-come/first-served process.
- 100% of the ticket revenue is returned to the artist.
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of any show.
- Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate.
We are entering our fourth year of using our performer site, the central system where all communication, forms, questionnaires, and the Participant Handbook are housed. We have been able to provide our artists with a more streamlined experience so they could focus on the creative process. We are committed to enhancing the ‘first-time’ experience, from both the artist and audience perspective. We want everyone to enjoy the Festival as much as possible and as always we are committed to securing resources to make sure our operations do your work justice.
For your part, we're calling on you to keep challenging us, keep bringing us art that is relevant and exciting, and that represents the diversity of our community. There’s room for everything at the Fringe – because your voice is important, and we want to give it a home.
Good luck with the lottery and with your art!
- The Fringe
Lottery Application Fee: $27.50 (pre-tax $24.33)
Regular and Full Site Specific: $750 (pre-tax $663.72)
Fringekids!: $650 (pre-tax $575.22)
Read the lottery rules for more information
- September 19th: applications available online
- November 4th: application deadline (5pm)
- November 25th: Lottery party, Tranzac Club, from 7pm
- November 27th: Participation fees must be post dated to this date and will be processed then
The 26th Fringe Festival runs from July 2-13, 2013.